As our team prepares to come home, they will be thinking through 8 Great Questions from a book by Tim Dearborn. These questions have been revised for your use below in order to help you connect with the team members when they return. If you haven’t already thought of a specific question to ask them, we encourage you to use one or two of these questions to help our team members share some highlights of their experience with you.
- What have you learned about yourself?
- How has your understanding of God grown?
- What have you learned about community and the church?
- How has your perspective of life and the Gospel changed?
- What have you learned about justice, poverty, and the causes of suffering?
- What have you learned about discipleship?
- What insights have you gained about your lifestyle?
- What might God call you to do and be as a result of this experience? What can you learn about your vocation?
Bonus “Tell me about . . . ” Statements!!
- Tell me about a special person you met and why they are special to you.
- Tell me about one cultural difference you experienced and how it made you feel.
- Tell me about the most challenging thing you faced working on a team.
- Tell me about an unfulfilled expectation you experienced.
- Tell me about a disappointment you experienced.
- Tell me about how you felt the first time you were “thrown into” the culture.
- Tell me about how you felt saying good-bye to your new friends.
- Tell me about how this experience has changed your perspective of your country, God and yourself.
- Tell me about the way you hope this experience is going to make a difference in your life.
- Tell me about how you feel now that you’re back.
For past updates from the Team India team, visit www.whyteridgebaptist.ca.