As a community of followers of Jesus Christ, we believe…
- The Bible is God’s Word given by divine inspiration.
- In the one living and true God, perfect in wisdom, sovereignty, holiness, justice, mercy and love.
- God created an order of spiritual beings called angels to serve Him and to do His will.
- God created man in His own image to have fellowship with Himself and to be steward over His creation.
- Salvation is redemption by Christ of the whole person from sin and death.
- The Church is the body of which Christ is the head and all who believe in Him are members.
- Religious liberty, rooted in Scripture, is the inalienable right of all individuals to freedom of conscience with ultimate accountability to God.
- Christians, individually and collectively, are salt and light in society.
- God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring all things to their appropriate end and establish the new heaven and the new earth.
- The Bible teaches that marriage refers to the covenant relationship between one man and one woman, as instituted by God in the beginning, to the exclusion of all others.
- Affirm the family as the basic unit of society and seek to preserve its integrity and stability.
To read a fleshed out version of the above beliefs with supporting scripture, go to WRBC Beliefs Expanded.